Lipscomb Cars Ltd is a privately-owned and family-run business with 6 franchises across two locations, in Canterbury and Maidstone. The group offers a range of new and used cars from various marques, including Volvo, Fiat, Abarth, Jeep, Alfa Romeo & Fiat Professional Commercial Vans.
Lipscomb used a customer management system that relied heavily on the manual inputting of data by sales staff. The system also offered limited support for customer follow-ups, pre-or post-sale.
Lipscomb investigated a range of automotive software providers, and Marketing Delivery was selected for an initial trial. After conducting an in-depth analysis of Lipscomb’s current customer contact plan and pain points, we proposed the use of our eCRM VoiceBox tool for sales and aftersales, alongside our Stock Alerts function.
VoiceBox Sales integrated with Lipscomb’s existing database to create automated, customised and targeted messages for its customers at key touchpoints in their sales journey, via email or SMS and in line with their GDPR preferences. Stock Alerts monitors Lipscomb’s inventory and pricing to automatically alert prospects to any relevant changes that meet their original search requirements.
In addition to VoiceBox Sales, Lipscomb chose our VoiceBox Aftersales package to help manage service reminders via automated communications, facilitating customer retention and promoting workshop efficiency.
By introducing VoiceBox to its sales and aftersales practices, Lipscomb’s customer management has become more effective, and sales processes have become more robust and consistent across the group.
Lipscomb found the software can be completely customised to suit the communication needs of an individual dealership or the group as a whole. With the help of VoiceBox, Lipscomb has attracted new enquiries and won back leads that had been deemed as lost under the old process.
Within three months of implementation, Lipscomb saw some standout results:
- For sales – a 70% average open rate, and from this a 23% average click-through rate.
- For aftersales – a strong open rate of 72%, and a 20% average click-through rate.
- 17 replies from the lost sales forms, with six customers commenting they were still looking to purchase a vehicle.
- Eight lost sales customers re-engaged, and four confirmed sales resulting from it.
- 52 vehicle sales came from customers after receiving a Stock Alerts email. That meant 11% of those enrolled in the Stock Alerts service have now been back to purchase a vehicle as a result of the email prompt they received.