Quality Aftersales Data Is Key

Dealers can increase workshop use and aftersales retention by improving the breadth and quality of their customer aftersales data.  We carried out an analysis of over 56,000 customer aftersales records held by UK franchised dealers in January 2020. It found that full and accurate details were present in 63% of cases, highlighting a significant marketing opportunity with the remaining 37%.

It also found that, on average, 86% of records included a suggested date for the vehicle’s next scheduled service. For cars over three years old, the MoT due date was noted in 90% of cases. Being able to schedule deferred aftersales work is only part of the picture; dealers must also capture full and accurate customer contact details so that those opportunities can be exploited via outbound marketing.

We found that 79% of dealers’ aftersales customer records included an email address, while 89% included a mobile phone number. Furthermore, 60% of motorists are more likely to book a service or MoT with a workshop that reminds them about required maintenance at a suitable time, with email highlighted as the preferred contact method by 48.3% of customers (compared to just 19.7% of customers who prefer telephone contact).

 

Jeremy Evans, Managing Director
“While the best-in-class workshops in January held full and accurate data for 90% of customers and their vehicles, this was as low as 40% for the worst performers. It’s hard to overemphasise the importance of up-to-date, accurate records, and capturing this information can turbocharge a dealer’s ability to prospect for aftersales work.”

 

Contact us today to find out how our Aftersales eCRM service can help you.