Customers tell us emails are their favourite way of staying in touch with their dealerships, and open rates and click through rates for the best targeted, most personalised messages are three times higher than the average.
Here we are, over half way through 2015, and we still see frequent data problems that prevent the most effective forms of email marketing working. Here’s the top 5:
- Lack of “Proper” capitalisation. When mr. smith should be Mr. Smith.
- Lack of a forename. The most friendly form of greeting is “Hello John”, not “Hello mr. smith”!
- Missing key dates. Service reminders need service dates.
- Keeping enquiry data up to date. Ticking the right boxes for orders, deliveries and lost sales ensures the right messages are sent.
- Not transferring data from one system to another. If the email address was on the showroom system, why isn’t it on the DMS?
- Get these right and your email marketing will be much more effective! Without them, messages are either irrelevant, incorrect and can make you look unprofessional.
We’d love to show you more of our findings – get in touch!